News and Announcements
|Regular Season - Individual||Regular Season - Team|
TOC's and All Stars
This mandatory training event on Tuesday, February 27, will be conducted by the Positive Coaching Alliance. MVLL sponsors this annual training to instill the power of positive, double-goal coaching philosophy. The interactive presentation focuses on key issues that we all face out on the field, in the stands and in working with parents.
All managers and coaches (all division) are required to attend this event. Sandwiches will be served. This event engages everyone with insightful discussions, problem-solving, and sharing of ideas. Team equipment and information will be distributed at the end of the meeting. Your division director will be working with you to get your season started.
The event begins promptly at 7:30 pm at the Historic Adobe Building located at Central Expressway and Moffett Blvd (157 Moffett Blvd). Plan to arrive by 7:15 to check-in and receive training material. The facility has a small parking lot. Utilize street parking, Many nearby businesses allow use of their parking lots after their business hours. Watch for tow-away notices.
This clinic will focus on pitcher and cather positions fundamentals for 8-12 YO and on throwing, fielding and base running for our 4-7 YO players.. Our clinic will use the latest teaching practices to develop strong baseball fundamentals for players ages 4 to 12 of all skill levels. This clinic is ideal for players who will be joining or returning to MVLL this season.
- Players will be able to begin their 2018 spring training and will have fun practicing and learning baseball with a great group of kids and coaches
- Coaches (returning and new coaches) will learn how to teach baseball skills alongside their peers and will help our players accelerate their baseball development
- Parents will learn more about how to practice with your player at home and discover how to add value at your player's practices using tips on baseball fundamentals
(Note 1 - Coaches, players, and parents should arrive 10 minutes before start of time block.)
(Note 2 - Coaches and parents should bring their baseball gloves.)
- 9 AM - Coaches and interested parents arrive for set-up
- 9:30 AM - Coaches meeting and training plan
- 10 - 11 AM (arrive by 9:50 AM): 4 to 7 year-olds (baseball age).
Throwing and fielding basics.
- 11:30 - 1 PM (arrive by 11:20 AM): 8 to 12 year-olds (baseball age).
Throwing, infield plays, and outfield plays.
- Baseball glove
- Cleats (non-metal) or athletic shoes
- Baseball pants or sweatpants
- Baseball cap
- Protective cup (boys)
As of January 1, 2018, the new USA Baseball Bat Standard are implemented.
Bats having the USA Baseball Bat marking are now available for purchase from retailers.
Tee Ball bats will not be manufactured with a logo. MVLL will inspect Tee Ball bats used in the league and affix a sticker. Watch for our bat certification event announcements.
Little League International has assembled an online resource page dedicated to baseball bat information. Click here to find the latest bat information, including the current Little League Baseball rules and regulations governing bats, definition of terms, the moratorium on the use of composite bats, and a series of frequently asked questions, with answers and licensed bat lists.
T-Ball Bats -
Starting on January 1, 2018, all Tee Ball bats in the Little League Baseball Tee Ball program must feature the USA Baseball mark and accompanying text. Tee Ball bats that were produced and/or purchased prior to the implementation of the new standard can be certified using an Approved Tee Ball Sticker via the USA Baseball Tee Ball Sticker Program for use with approved Tee Ball baseballs for Little League play. [DO NOT purchase stickers. MVLL will have bat inspection events to affix stickers before the start of 2018 season practices and games.]
Rookie, Farm, Minors, and Majors Bats -
2018: USA Baseball marking, 2-5/8 inch barrel maximum
Juniors Bats -
1) 2-1/4 inch alloy/metal barrel with BPF stamp of 1.15
2) 2-5/8 inch alloy/metal barrel (no marking required)
3) 2-5/8 inch composite barrel with BBCOR stamp
USA Baseball marking,
2 5/8” barrel maximum, and
NO BBCOR ALLOWED