News and Announcements
This Friday on May 11th, the Broncos play the Loyola Marymount Lions. Game time is 6 PM. MVLL families can get in using the promo code MVLL2018 for only $7.
Go to the Santa Clara Broncos Baseball ticket website. Choose Best Available Seats, choose Reserve, enter number of tickets, and enter the code MVLL2018 and tickets are only $7 plus a $2 service charge per ticket. This is a great opportunity for some late season team bonding. Schott Stadium is a great place to watch a baseball game. Depending on the number of tickets purchased using the code, they'll also do things for the MVLL players. The Broncos have a new manager and a new coaching staff. They've been recruiting a lot of local young talent. Be ready to have a great time at the game.
|Regular Season - Individual||Regular Season - Team|
TOC's and All Stars
This mandatory training event on Tuesday, February 27, will be conducted by the Positive Coaching Alliance. MVLL sponsors this annual training to instill the power of positive, double-goal coaching philosophy. The interactive presentation focuses on key issues that we all face out on the field, in the stands and in working with parents.
All managers and coaches (all division) are required to attend this event. Sandwiches will be served. This event engages everyone with insightful discussions, problem-solving, and sharing of ideas. Team equipment and information will be distributed at the end of the meeting. Your division director will be working with you to get your season started.
The event begins promptly at 7:30 pm at the Historic Adobe Building located at Central Expressway and Moffett Blvd (157 Moffett Blvd). Plan to arrive by 7:15 to check-in and receive training material. The facility has a small parking lot. Utilize street parking, Many nearby businesses allow use of their parking lots after their business hours. Watch for tow-away notices.
This clinic will focus on pitcher and cather positions fundamentals for 8-12 YO and on throwing, fielding and base running for our 4-7 YO players.. Our clinic will use the latest teaching practices to develop strong baseball fundamentals for players ages 4 to 12 of all skill levels. This clinic is ideal for players who will be joining or returning to MVLL this season.
- Players will be able to begin their 2018 spring training and will have fun practicing and learning baseball with a great group of kids and coaches
- Coaches (returning and new coaches) will learn how to teach baseball skills alongside their peers and will help our players accelerate their baseball development
- Parents will learn more about how to practice with your player at home and discover how to add value at your player's practices using tips on baseball fundamentals
(Note 1 - Coaches, players, and parents should arrive 10 minutes before start of time block.)
(Note 2 - Coaches and parents should bring their baseball gloves.)
- 9 AM - Coaches and interested parents arrive for set-up
- 9:30 AM - Coaches meeting and training plan
- 10 - 11 AM (arrive by 9:50 AM): 4 to 7 year-olds (baseball age).
Throwing and fielding basics.
- 11:30 - 1 PM (arrive by 11:20 AM): 8 to 12 year-olds (baseball age).
Throwing, infield plays, and outfield plays.
- Baseball glove
- Cleats (non-metal) or athletic shoes
- Baseball pants or sweatpants
- Baseball cap
- Protective cup (boys)