News and Announcements
The Calgary Ladies Field Hockey Association is looking for an Administrative Assistant. The position involves updating the website and could include financial data entry, dealing with inquiries to the association, disseminating information to the appropriate member(s) of the executive, maintaining archives, working closely with members of the executive committee (President, Treasurer, League Coordinator). Aspects of the position can be altered according to the skills brought in by the successful candidate.
Preference will be given to a person who understands the sport of field hockey, who is a good communicator, is very organized and self-motivated.
This is NOT a full-time position. It is best suited for a person looking for a small amount of supplemental income each month.
Please submit a resume to CLFHAhockey@gmail.com by midnight (MST) February 7, 2019.
January 2019 In-Person Indoor Provincial Umpiring Clinic
DATES & TIMES:
Tuesday, January 22, 2019 and Thursday, January 24, 2019
2nd Floor Lounge, Bridgeland Crossings I
38 9 Street NE, T2E 7X9
- Parking is free on the street after 6:30pm
- Inside the Car2Go home zone
- Steps away from the Bridgeland C-Train Station on the Blue Line
- Dial 2-717 on intercom to gain access to building, wait in lobby for elevator access
- After reaching the second floor, turn right out of the elevator, and the lounge is a few doors down on the right
$50 to attend in-person ($80 for online only)
Optional Umpire Shirt: $55
To re-certify, the online course is the only option and costs $25
Course Conductor: Keely Dunn
To register, follow this link – https://fhumpires.com/clinic
- Rules & interpretations
- Management tools
- Lots of video clips to illustrate and fuel discussions
Internet-capable device (phone, tablet, laptop) and/or paper and pen
Food, snacks, drinks (seriously, there’s a full kitchen)
2. Written Exam
The exam is available online and must be completed by the end of the season in which the clinic or online course was launched
3. Field Assessment
- You will be scheduled or can request opportunities to shadow experienced umpires
- Then you will umpire with an experienced umpire or umpire-coach shadowing you
- Then you work with the League Coordinator and an Assessor to schedule a field assessment
- You get paid retroactively to the beginning of the season for games where you umpired (i.e. blow the whistle)
Dates for the CLFHA Casino has been finalized:
- Monday, June 4, 2018
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018
- Elbow River Casino
The document 2018_CLFHA_Casino_Volunteers_June_4_5_Final.xlsx was attached to this post.
Please find the 2017 CLFHA Annual General Meeting (AGM) Notice and Proxy attached as well as on the CLFHA website under MEDIA | Documents.
Please ensure to bring any completed proxies to the AGM for quorum confirmation.
CALGARY LADIES’ FIELD HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2017
REPSOL SPORT CENTRE, RIVERVIEW ROOM
STARTING AT 6:30 PM
The document 2017 CLFHA AGM Notice and Proxy was attached to this post.
To register, email the following information to CLFHA Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Contact Phone #
• Outdoor Team(s)
• Clinic Dates
INDOOR RE-CERTIFICATION CLINIC – Attend Part 1 (Tues., October 10, 2017)
OUTDOOR CERTIFICATION CLINIC (Part 1 and 2)
You need to attend one EACH of a Part 1 and a Part 2
PART 1: Tuesday, October 10, 2017… 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – The Rules
PART 2: Thursday, October 12, 2017… 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – How to Umpire
PART 1: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – The Rules
PART 2: Thursday, January 18, 2018 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – How to Umpire
WHERE: 4303 – 11 St. SE
HOW MUCH: $50 (Payable to CLFHA)
Umpire Shirt: $40 (Payable to CLFHA)
Course Conductor: Keely Dunn
If you are unable to attend these in-person clinics, there are now , available at http://fhumpires-university.teachable.com/. Pricing for the online versions is $80 for certification, $40 for recertification.
• Rules & interpretations
• Knowledge of the game
• What makes a good umpire?
• Video footage
• Become a more effective umpire
• Q & A
2. Written Exam:
• Exam is sent by email (open book) and examinees have 7 days to return it however they see fit
• Course Conductors will send as .DOC. which they will mark(up) them and send back
3. Field Assessment
• You will be scheduled or can request opportunities to shadow experienced umpires
• Then you will umpire with an experienced umpire or umpire-coach shadowing you
• Then you work with the League Coordinator and an Assessor to schedule a field assessment
• You get paid retroactive to the beginning of the season for games where you umpired (i.e. blow the whistle)
• It’s rewarding, challenging and fun / helps you understand more about hockey
• You give back to the sport / become certified and get paid