News and Announcements
Registration for the South Kingstown Little League 2012 Spring season is now open! This year, all registrations will be processed online through SportsSignup at www.sportssignup.com/South-Kingstown-Little-League-Online-Registration.start. Both debit/credit cards and checks will be accepted as forms of payment. For those paying by check, a confirmation email will be sent to you that you can print and return to SKLL with your check. Registrations made after the January 31st deadline will be charged a $10 late fee.
If you are a first-time registrant and were unable to attend Walk-in Registration on January 7, please register online and mail copies of your proofs of residency and players' birth certificates to SKLL, PO Box 388, Wakefield, RI 02880. Proofs of residency can be a utility bill, car registration or driver's license, as long as it has your current South Kingstown address on it.
Once you have registered, don't forget to fill out, print and sign a Medical Release Form for each child registered. This form is to be turned into your Team Manager at the first practice.
If you would like to manage, coach, or help out on the field, please fill out a Volunteer Form, and mail it to SKLL, PO Box 388, Wakefield, RI 02880.
All required forms can also be found on our Handouts page.
The South Kingstown American & National Little League (SKLL) held its Annual General Membership Meeting on October 11, 2011. The following individuals were elected to the Board of Directors for the 2012 season:
|Dave Barrett||Bob Brutti||Colleen Camp||Ron Caouette|
|Kevin Carney||Brian Cromack||Sean Deibler||Frank Gallucci|
|Earl Gelineau||Lew Hassell||Ken Hayes||Denise Lidsky|
|Mike McNamara||Ken Munroe||Sean O'Donnell||Dave Palazettti|
|Abran Salazar||Dan Turcotte||Chuck Wentworth||Cathy White|
Registration for SKLL Little League Fall Ball season is now open. Additional details follow:
1. Season begins late August … play continues through October.
2. Participating teams will play in RI District 3 Division.
3. Fall Ball is competitive travel baseball. Game locations will be SK & other RI towns.
4. Fall Ball teams will play games on Saturday, one weeknight game, and practice 1-2 nights per week. Extended games on weekends. Commitment for practices and games is required.
5. Age brackets: 10 - 11 year olds and 7 - 9 year olds. One Junior League team of 12 - 13 year olds. 2011 Little League baseball age is used, so birth date must fall between May 1, 1997 and April 30, 2004.
6. Level of Play: “A” Division & “B” Division.
7. All player level & team assignments will be determined by SKLL. Sorry, we cannot honor requests for specific teams or coaches.
8. All Manager & Coach selection determined by SKLL.
9. Generally, Major League Rules will be in effect for all teams. Junior League rules for 12/13 year olds.
10. League Tournaments at the end of the October.
11. Fee is $80.00 for 1 child, with a $20.00 discount for each additional child. New players may be contacted for skills evaluation to determine level of play.
12. Enrollment is limited. Registration deadline is August 10, 2011.
If you are interested in participating in the Junior Division, you may can contact Frank Gallucci at FGallucci@GilbaneCo.com for more information.
Registration forms may be found on our Handouts page The Fall Ball form is for players ages 7-11; the Junior League form is for players ages 12-13. Please mail the registration form plus check payable to SKLL to the address on the form.