News and Announcements
Results for the season are posted below:
If the timing was done by Steve, the results can also be found here: Steve's Timing/Results
Check out the pictures from West Yellowstone. Go to "Albums", scroll down and click on last. The newest albums are at the end.
Duluth East Nordic
2010 West Yellowstone Ski Trip
November 19 to November 27, 2010
West Yellowstone, Montana
Cost $555 ($575 after Oct. 26)
Bonnie Fuller-Kask (218) 724-2775
Dave KaskOther Information:
- This trip has filled up in the past. We will fill the busses on a first paid – first reserved basis. Your seat will be reserved when we receive your down payment.
- Leave Woodland Middle School at 5:00 p.m. Friday, November 19
- Have a bag dinner with you - we will not be stopping for dinner.
- We will stop for a quick breakfast on Saturday morning
- Arrive West Yellowstone Saturday afternoon. We’ll have time to ski.
- Leave West Yellowstone about 4:00 p.m. on Friday
- Arrive Duluth about 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 27.
- $555 Fee includes ($575 after Oct. 26):
- Breakfast Saturday morning on the way out
- 6 nights lodging at the Kelly Inn
- Continental Breakfasts in West Yellowstone
- 3 dinners and Thanksgiving dinner
- Ski passes for the week
- Coaching (by collegiate skiers)
- Skiers should bring additional money for lunches and other dinners
- There are grocery stores and restaurants within walking distance of the Kelly Inn.
- Waxing benches, irons and waxing help will be available.
- Skiers MUST bring the following kick waxes; Red Special, Blue Extra and Green plus a cork! This is necessary to get out on the ski trails faster.
- This is not a school-sponsored trip. Parents will be required to excuse their students from school. Permission slips, including Emergency information will be required.
- Please keep the volume of bags to a minimum. The bus will be full.
- No coolers, there will not be room on the bus.
To reserve your seat on the bus, get your $275 non-refundable deposit to Bonnie ASAP. The seats will be filled on a first come first served basis.
Remaining trip fee is due to Bonnie prior to November 12, 2010 (we have to let the checks clear the bank so we can use the money in West Yellowstone). Please make checks out to DE Nordic Trip Fund.
Note: If signing up after October 26, 2010 the fee increases to $575 because the ski passes go up.
Parents and other interested adults are welcome. The prices for adults are:
- $555.00 - Quad occupancy
- $600.00 - Triple occupancy
- $690.00 - Double occupancy
- $960.00 - Single Occupancy
Here is a link to contact information for the Minnesota High School League's Board of Directors.
And below is the best copy of the travel rule I could find on the MSHSL website.
Scrimmages/Jamborees/Games: Games: There should be a strict enforcement of Bylaw 410 – SANCTIONS:
· Other than Minnesota’s bordering states and Canadian provinces, out-of-state travel will be denied if the distance exceeds the 600 mile round trip from the school site.
Scrimmages/Jamborees: For all League-sponsored sports, no more than two (2) scrimmage dates and one (1) Jamboree OR three (3) scrimmage dates can be held during the high school sport season. Jamborees must be conducted as identified in Bylaw 411-8, and no more than one (1) Jamboree can be held during each sport season.
During each high school season, practice sessions, controlled interscholastic scrimmages, jamborees, and any other non-contest event shall only be conducted in Minnesota OR at an “off school site” provided that the “off school site” is not located more than 25 miles outside the Minnesota border