News and Announcements
Standings as of Jan 19, 2019
II. District 24-6A Schedule/Results (game winners are underlined)
After first round of district play, places in District 24-6A are as follows:
1. Dickinson 6-0
2. Creek 5-1 (loss to Dickinson)
3. Lake 4-2 (losses to Creek and Dickinson)
4. Brook 3-3
5. Springs 2-4
6 Falls 1-5
7 Alvin 0-6
Start of Second Round
Dickinson at Falls
Alvin at Creek
Brook at Springs
Creek at Lake
Falls at Alvin
Springs at Dickinson
Alvin at Creek
Lake at Falls
Dickinson at Brook
Springs at Lake
Falls at Creek
Brook at Alvin
Lake at Brook
Alvin at Dickinson
Creek at Springs
Lake at Dickinson
Creek at Brook
Falls at Springs
Alvin at Lake
Brook at Falls
Dickinson at Creek
Channel 57 two minute recap of 2015 state finals between Clear Lake and Plano West.
Clear Lake will attend three tournaments this season. The CCISD Carlisle-Krueger Classic (the oldest boys basketball tournament in Texas), the Gregory Portland Tournament (close to Corpus Christi), and Cedar Park (just north of Austin). After the tournaments, see the results of each below.
Results of each game of each tournament will be stated under each tournament's heading.
Look here later for tournament brackets.
Stats as of end of regular season play (updated almost weekly during District play).
Team per game averages as of Month,day, 2018 after nn games.
1. Percentage of games won: %
2. Leading Scorers (based on average per game): ________ ( ppg)
3. Leading rebounders: ________________ ( . rpg),
4. Leading in blocked shots: __________________
5. Leading free throw shooters: __________ (nn%)
6. Leading in assists: _______________ (n.n apg)
7. Leading in steals: (n.npg)
8. Number of charges taken this season: ________
TEAM PER GAME AVERAGES
|points per game||
|points per shot average||
|2 pt. field goal %||
|3 pt. field goal %||
|free throw %||%|
1. player fouled in the act of shooting is not counted as a field goal attempt if attempt is unsuccessful.
2. possession of the ball after a blocked shot is counted as a rebound if the shooter is not fouled.
Basketball Rules Changes - 2018-19
Varsity coach's box is now 28'.
1-12-1c: It shall have a deeply-pebbled, granulated surface, with horizontally shaped panels bonded tightly to the rubber carcass.
Rationale: The additional words give manufacturers a better sense of what a deeply-pebbled cover should look like.
9-9-1: A player shall not be the first to touch the ball after it has been in team control in the frontcourt, if he/she or a teammate last touched or was touched by the ball in the frontcourt before it went to the backcourt. EXCEPTION: Any player located in the backcourt may recover a ball deflected from the frontcourt by the defense.
Rationale: To ensure that a team is not unfairly disadvantaged on a deflected pass