News and Announcements
Although we had a few players missing for this photo…it’s a quick look at the new uniforms!
This will be the first year the Canfield High School Varsity Hockey team will have a program at all home games! This full color, very informative program will be handed out at all of our home games!
We need your help selling ad apace in these programs. With the “Till open” being cancelled this year, we lost our major fundraising opportunity so this program is a great way to offset the lost donations to the program.
The letter to send to prospective advertisers and order form is attached. Please distribute to anyone who would like to support Canfield Hockey by advertising their business!
The document Program_Letter_AND_Form_Combined.pdf was attached to this post.
1. The bulk of the meeting revolved around fundraising for the upcoming season. COVID-19 has forced the cancellation of the “Till Open; 4th of July Golf Outing” which was a major fundraiser for our organization. Because of that, new fundraising opportunities need to be found. We have 2 major fundraisers so far:
A. Local Business Gift Card Raffle- 10, $100 gift cards to be raffled the week of June 20th – June 29th. 1 card per day for 10 days. Tickets are $10 each and we have 1,000 to sell which would bring in $10,000. To date, there are only about 100 tickets left unsold an incredible job by all those who have sold tickets! The businesses for the raffle are: Bella Napoli Pizza, Phoenix Fire Bar & Grill, Davidson’s Restaurant, Belleria, El Cowboy, Zenobia, White House fruit Farm, The Needles Nest, GetGo, and Gun Monkey Supplies.
B. A program for all home games. A sample was passed around at the meeting. It will be full of all types of information including the schedule, a roster, a “senior spotlight” section for the 5 seniors and much, much, more. We will sell advertisements in the program for quarter page, half page and full page ads. As well as inside cover sponsors, senior spotlight sponsors, and single line shoutouts for individual players. Ad prices range from $150 for the inside cover, $100 for a full page ad, $50 for a half page and $35 for a quarter page ad. Senior spotlight ads are $50 and shoutouts are $5. The back cover is already sold as well as one of the inside covers for sure. The program will be free to all home team fans but will sell to the away team fans for $1. The plan is to have an away team roster insert for each home game.
2. Some team members have attended a race at the Western Reserve Motorcycle club’s motocross race where they presented the 50/50 raffle to benefit our team. They’ve been invited to attend every race at the club and have a 50/50 raffle each time.
3. A few other fundraisers have been discussed as well. More information on those will be available once more details have been worked out.
4. We welcomed several new players to the team. Most of which are incoming freshmen players so we should be at a full roster of 20 players for the upcoming season.
5. Coach Covelli has an interested sponsor for new jerseys this year. His commitment has been that a full set of new jerseys will have a zero cost to the players.
6. The only change COVID-19 has brought to the locker room (so far) is that each player will be responsible to bring their own water bottle. There will be no more team bottles to share on the bench. Each player should supply their own.
7. A schedule will be posted as soon as it’s available to us but we should count on at least 10 home games this year. Practices will remain the same as last year – 8:45 PM to 9:45 PM Monday & Wednesday at the Deep Freeze. 2 tournaments are planned and we’ll have information on those later but they are Thanksgiving weekend (November 27-29)and Martin Luther King Day Weekend (January 15-18).
8. We have been moved to the “Blue North” division for this season. The teams in our division are: Canfield,Chagrin Falls,Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy,Lakewood,Mayfield,Nordonia,Normandy and Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin. The top 6 teams from the Blue North will combine with the top 2 teams from the Blue South for the Baron Cup playoffs.
9. A preliminary budget was discussed but at this point in the season it is VERY preliminary. Nothing terribly new here except the obvious need for fundraising. You can reach out to Lori Morris for details.
10. Keep an eye on the* Canfield Hockey Boosters Facebook page* for news and notes as well as pictures and updates. Also, watch the Cardinals Hockey website which can be found in the athletics section of the Canfield Highschool website.