News and Announcements
Congratulations to the 28 Mustang Track and Field athletes who competed at the NCS-Tri Valley qualifying meet this past Saturday. Eight of them will advance to the North Coast Section Meet of Champions this Friday and Saturday at UC Berkeley's Edwards Stadium. Sophomore jumping phenom, Matthew Hoffman, impressed with a spectacular performance taking home first place in the long jump as well as fourth place in both the high jump and the triple jump. He will compete in all three events at the Meet of Champions. Senior Lance Estillore also qualified in more than one event. He advances in both the triple jump and the long jump. Seniors Tristan Miller and Daniel Maneloveg turned in personal bests in the 1600m and will both advance in that event as will seniors Meredith Corda in the 1600 and Brad Gehret who took 3rd in the high jump. Also moving on are freshman standout Kelli Wilson with her impressive 5th place in the 3200 and junior Kevin Strand who placed 6th in the pole vault.
May 13, 2017 EBAL League Meet Results Highlights
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 10:52 PMSubject: Final MV Trackblast 2016-2017
- Meredith Corda (Sr.), Daniel Maneloveg and Tristan Miller in the 1600
- Lance Estillore (Sr.) triple jump and long jump
- Brad Gehret (Sr.) high jump
- Matthew Hoffman (So.) Long, high and triple jumps
- Kevin Strand (Jr.) pole vault
- Kelli Wilson (Fr.) 3200
Hello Parents and Athletes,
1) Team Banquet Volunteers Needed: The Team Banquet is coming up on Tuesday, May 23rd at 6:30pm. We need a team of volunteers to help set up, check people in, clean up, bring dessert, etc. Please click here to sign up! Information on the food tickets will be sent separately.
2) EBAL Finals Results: 72 of our athletes qualified to compete in the EBAL Prelims last Saturday. They had 40 PR's and 69 improvements! Click here for full results. The EBAL Finals will be this Saturday, May 13th at Granada High School in Livermore. Everyone is welcome to come and cheer on the team!
3) Distance "Whites" Uniforms: If you have a white distance uniform please turn it in as soon as possible, washed and in a ziplock bag. You can bring it to Coach Corda afterschool at the track.
4) Track Photos: Please share your track photos with the team by uploading them to this album. We are creating a slide show for the banquet and we would love to use your photos.
5) Gift Donations: A huge thank you to everyone for all of your generous donations for the coaches' gifts! Make sure to attend the banquet to see how surprised they are!
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Heather Sheppard, Team Mom