News and Announcements
MV Track and Field Team Info
Dear Parents and Athletes.
Welcome to the 2019 Track and Field season! My name is MaryAnn Vorhauer and I will be helping the team this year as team parent. I can be reached at email@example.com. I have a few announcements and reminders as we get our season started
Athlete and Parent Meeting: Thursday Feb 7th at 6:00 pm in the Library. Please plan to attend to learn about expectations this season and meet the coaches!
Team Donations: We are now accepting donation checks to the Track and Field program. This donation goes towards coaches salaries, equipment, travel expenses, team buses, team tees and much more! We highly encourage every family to participate. We are asking for a base donation of $245. The donation and uniform form is attached. Please bring a completed form and check to the meeting or to practice. Checks should be made out to Monte Vista Track and Field. I am working on adding this to the MV Webstore for credit card donations as well.. Stay tuned!
Email Distribution List - Reminder if you haven’t already signed up please use the google form here to be included in all team communications! MV Track and Field Email List
Volunteer Sign ups: We will have many opportunities for parent involvement! Our team is large and track meets are events with lot of moving parts. We also have team dinners, senior night, etc. Opportunities to be a part of this exciting team are managed through Sign Up Genius. Watch for the emails! One major need will be Carpool Drivers and Meet Chaperones. To be included you must be approved through Monte Vista’s Be a Mentor Program. Click here to be directed to the MV Volunteer page. Please get approved now as the process can take some time!
Team Website: Visit the Team Website on eteamz for the calendar of events, volunteer info, photos, handouts, nutrition info and much more! I will work on keeping this updated throughout the season. Specifically, past emails will be kept under Team Updates for your reference.
Team Schedule: The tentative meet schedule Coach Patrick has sent out has also been loaded to the Google Calendar on the team website.There are instructions provided so you can sync this with your IOS devices.
Athletic Boosters Crab feed info: Join us for the Monte Vista Athletic Boosters Annual Crab Feed!
Date / Time: Saturday, March 23, from 6-9:30 pm
Location: Danville Community Center, 420 Front Street
This is an adults (21+) only event! See the Athletic Boosters website here for more info and event flyer here Tickets are $65 and include all-you-can-eat crab, pasta, salad and more!
Hope to see everyone tomorrow night.
Hello Monte Vista Athletes & Parents,
This is an initial email to say hi and express our excitement for the 2019 track and field season.
Here is a link to our TENTATIVE 2019 track and field SCHEDULE. This may change to please check back as the season progresses as we will update it.
Pending approval from the AD we will have our parent meeting on Thursday, February 7th at 6:30pm in the student Workday Library. I will be in touch if that changes. It is important that you all attend as we need to discuss the expectations and policies for the season. Some of these may be different than in past seasons so please plan to attend even if you are a returning athlete/parent. We will continue to be in touch as the season goes on.
Please feel free to reach out to any of the coaches, Jay Price, John Price, Dash Oliver, Dan Graham, Elle Schwartz, Brandon Lawrence, or myself (who are all CCed on this email) if you have questions.
Thanks so much,
Please take a moment to fill this form out if you plan to participate in Track & Field in 2019.
We will use this for email distribution and other things in the future.
Thanks so much,
This email just has a few wrap up items.
1. Photos: http://www.eteamz.com/mvhstrack/links/
This page on our website has links to all the photos from the meets as well as the Google photo album that you added to and the Senior Photos. You can still add photos to the google album
2. Summer Practices: Summer workouts make a huge difference in your Cross Country and/or Track and Field season. It is advised that all athletes continue training. Distance/CC practices have already started as the Cross Country season begins in August. Coach Patrick and Coach Brandon are holding practices Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays at 10 am and 5 pm. There may be Saturday practices as well. If you have questions please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Sprints/hurdles/jumps Summer workouts will start soon. Stay tuned for more info!
3. Final Results and top marks: Please check XC Stats to see how you improved over the season. You can also see the top marks from this season. On our team website we have a listing of the Top 10 all time marks. We are updating it this week with all the 2018 results. Click Here to see it.
4. Thank you: A huge thank you to all the parents for your help this season! We can't say enough how much your support means to the team.
5. Good Luck to all the graduates! We wish you all the best as you move forward in the next phase of your life. Please come and visit us on the track when you can.
I have enjoyed getting to know the team and the parents this season. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Subject: Team Awards Night, League Finals, Photos and Top Scores
This has been a fast and furious season. While the regular season is over we still have many important things happening!
A huge thank you to all those who helped make our home meet a huge success!! We could not have done it without you!
Please read below for some very important items that you won't want to miss! :) Read until the end to see how the team did this season!
1. Team Awards Night in the MV Commons. Please plan to attend the fun event where we honor the players and coaches. It will be a Dessert PotLuck. We need everyone to bring a dessert, drinks, fruit, cheese, etc. we also need people to help set up and serve. Please click here to RSVP. We also need people to decorate and clean up. Please click here to volunteer:
2. Photos! Here is a link to a Shared Track Photo Album. Please share your photos of the team here and we will use them at the banquet: https://photos.app.goo.gl/l0nbHZgmHsyAxbRz2
Here are links to photos taken by Charlotte Cassidy at several of the meets. Thank you for the wonderful pictures Charlotte! http://www.eteamz.com/mvhstrack/index.cfm?subsite=3561706
3. Coaches gifts: Thank you so I will those who have already given! Please continue to give your $20 through Venmo, etc
4. EBAL Prelims/Finals: Many of our athletes have qualified for league Preliminaries/Finals at Cal High. This is so exciting! If you qualified you should have received an email from Coach Kindell with the details. Each of the league schools is responsible for manning an event and we are doing Shot Put this year. Please click here to volunteer. If you haven’t been able to fulfill your team volunteer slot yet, this will be a great way to do it. Athletes who aren’t competing can also volunteer.
- Please click here see the results from each meet.
- Link to see the top point scorers for Varsity boys and girls. Each league meet is scored and those varsity runners who came in 1st, 2nd or 3rd earn points.
- Click Here to see top marks by event this season.
- Wondering if you have lettered this season? Click here to find out!