News and Announcements
The crab feed is quickly approaching on. The tickets are sold out but if you have tickets and you would like to sit together with other Track and Field parents please respond to this email. We will try to arrange a group table. If you have tickets that you cannot use but would like to donate to one of our fabulous track coaches, please respond to this email.
We are still collecting bottles of any variety of wine for our beautiful wine basket. It is not too late! Jill Stephenson is creating this and it will be auctioned off to benefit our team. Last year the basket was a huge fundraiser for us. If you would like to donate wine please respond to this email and let me know!
Thank you and Go Mustangs!
Heather Sheppard, team parent
Team Website: http://www.eteamz.com/mvhstrack/
Team Donations: http://www.eteamz.com/mvhstrack/news/index.cfm?cat=939689
XC Stats MVHS Log In Page: http://xcstats.com/track_team_page.php?school_id=958
- Athletes are expected to practice 5 days a week and to attend all meets for which they are eligible.
- Track & Field is a team sport that requires dedication. The track team is not a place for kids who just want to come out for social fun and fitness without dedication.
- Attending meets is NOT optional.
- If an athlete misses too many practices or meets, he or she risks being cut (even if absences are planned in advance for reasons such as tutoring, medical appointments, work, family trips, other school activities, etc.).
- Once an athlete has missed 5 practices (total), he or she will be considered on probation and subject to being dropped from the team at the coaches' discretion.
- Attitude, behavior and effort play a big role in coaches' decisions regarding cuts due to absences. Regular practice is key to injury avoidance, performance improvement, and team bonding. If an athlete will not be able attend practice daily, he or she should speak to his or her coach immediately.
- To notify coaches of ALL absences, use XC Stats. Log in and click on "Request or Notify Coach of a Planned Absence." Always copy Mrs. Corda and your main event coach on absence messages through XC Stats. Do not use email. All known absences must be provided via xcstats. If an athlete is too ill, their parent should please log the absence for them. Here's a PDF showing how to do this if you need help.
- A notification of an absence does not mean it is excused.
- Injured athletes are expected to check in on a daily basis, unless otherwise instructed.
- Repeated absences, excused or otherwise may result in removal from the team.
The Monte Vista web store link for Track and Field Team donations is now open. The suggested amount is $245 per athlete.
If you want to give an amount other than the $245 suggested amount, you are welcome to give any amount you can, as all donations, no matter how small, are appreciated. Donations can still be made by check made to Monte Vista Track and Field and turned in at practice to Coach Kindell or Coach Corda or turned in directly in the Monte Vista office.
A big thank you to all those who have already donated to support the team and coaches. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Hello Athletes & Parents,
The EBAL Center Meet is tomorrow atat Dublin High School. Below are a few important reminders.
- We will start running and field events at
- We will be charging a spectator fee of $5.
- Order of Running Events (Frosh/Soph Boys, Varsity Boys - Frosh/Soph Girls, Varsity Girls)
- Boys & Girls Long Jump @ - will do VARSITY first then FROSH/SOPH and will do them in flights. I will send out the flight lists tomorrow.
- Boys & Girls Triple Jump - 20 minutes after conclusion of long jump VARSITY then FROSH/SOPH in flights
- Girls High Jump @ - moving bar; Boys to begin 20 minutes after conclusion of Girls; 5 alive
- Pole Vault Order @ - Girls VARSITY, Boys VARSITY, Girls FROSH/SOPH, Boys FROSH/SOPH; 5 alive
- Discus Order @ - Boys VARSITY, Boys FROSH/SOPH, Girls VARSITY, Girls FROSH/SOPH in flights
- Shot Put Order @ - Girls VARSITY, Girls FROSH/SOPH, Boys VARSITY, Boys FROSH/SOPH in flights
- In an athlete checks out of a field event, they will have 30 minutes to check back in and make an attempt. However, the flights will not stop moving. If their flight has been completed, they will compete in the next available flight. In they are in the final flight, and everyone else has finished their attempts, we will NOT wait for them to start the next event. For example, if an athlete in the long jump checks out of the final flight and that flight then finishes before the athlete checks back in, we will begin run throughs for the triple jump. Once the athete checks back in, they will get their final attempts in during the run throughs. SPECIAL NOTE FOR HIGH JUMP/POLE VAULT: THE BAR WILL NOT STOP MOVING! If an athlete checks out, they will have 30 minutes to come back and complete their jumps. However, the bar will not wait for that athlete so they will have to come in at whatever height it is at that time - they will not be able to go back to their height they checked out at.