News and Announcements
To: Courtney Corda
Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:42 PM
Subject: XC News: Photos, PE Timecards, Post-Season
This Thursday, Nov. 10, all team members are welcome to eat their lunch at in Mr. Jensen's classroom.
I will bring the following items and have them available for students to pick-up:
- Team and individual photos from Yary Photography
- Signed PE timecards for several runners
- The GPA certificates from NCS for those who earned them
- Lost and found items from the season
Slideshow -- did you miss the banquet? Check out the awesome slideshow with senior tribute that Mrs. Cassidy put together for us:
Nov 4th - EBAL Championship Meet at Shadow Cliffs Regional Park
- Sr Meredith Corda wins the Varsity Girls race in 17:11 which is the 4th fastest time ever on this course.
- JV Girls put 5 in the top 6 to dominate their race with a low score of 16
- F/S Girls take 2nd - just 3 points off of first
- Varsity Girls 3rd place, Varsity Boys 4th, F/S Boys 4th, JV Boys finish 5th.
- On the day, 15 Mustangs earn All League Certificates (see 2016 Results for the full list). Results on XC Stats and on Athletic.net.
Team Results (in order of races)
Frosh Soph Girls: 2nd Place
Frosh Soph Boys: 4th Place
Junior Varsity Girls: 1st Place
Junior Varsity Boys: 5th Place
Varsity Girls: 3rd Place
Varsity Boys: 4th Place
Individual Race Winners in all three girls races!
Frosh Soph Girls Race: Melanie Kim
JV Girls Race: Catherin Kiser
Varsity Girls Race: Meredith Corda
Mustangs earning All-League Honors:
Frosh Soph Girls: Melanie Kim (1st), Josephine Lee (4th)
JV Girls: Catherine Kiser (1st), Paige Moldenhauer (2nd), Karalyn Sawchuk (3rd), Olivia Bame (4th) Ciara Friesen (6th)
Varsity Girls First Team (top 7): Meredith Corda (1st), Sidney Isom (7th)
Varsity Girls Second Team (top 14): Madalyne Coney (11th), Alex Wilson (13th), Kelli Wilson (14th)
Varsity Boys First Team (top 7): Tristan Miller (4th), Nicolas Vomund (5th)
Varsity Boys Second Team (top 14): Daniel Maneloveg (12th)
To: Courtney Corda <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:23 PM
Subject: XC Newsblast #9: EBAL Championships, Season End Activities
Dear Runners and Parents,
Wow! We're almost at the finish line for the regular season. This Friday is our East Bay Athletic League Championship Meet -- the excitement is building for our runners to have their best races of the season! Next week we have three end-of-regular-season activities. Read on for details.
Practice at 3:30 This Thursday
There is a minimum day tomorrow but practice will still take place at 3:30 as usual.
EBAL Championship Meet this Friday
- Team Shirts: All athletes are asked to wear their team t-shirts to school on Friday in a show of team spirit and unity.
- Release: Students will be released at 10:45; they need to change quickly and report immediately to the buses. All students must make arrangements with their teachers regarding tests and assignments.
- Buses There: All athletes must travel to the meet by bus. Buses leave for Shadow Cliffs at 11 sharp.
- What to Bring: Uniform, sweats, plenty of water, snacks, and a good full lunch.
- Location and $6 Parking Fee: The meet is held at the Shadow Cliffs Regional Recreation Area in Pleasanton. Each car entering the park will have to pay $6. If you don't mind a ten minute walk to the park, you can park for free at the BMX park on Stanley Boulevard or on the back side of the park on Old Vineyard Ave/Park Access Road. Parking in both of those areas is limited. Arrive early; traffic can back up entering the park.
- Course Map: Check out the course map.
- Race Schedule: The coaches have told athletes in which race they will run.
- Frosh/Soph Gilrs’ Race 1:00PM
- Frosh/Soph Boys’ Race 1:35PM
- Junior Varsity Girls’ Race 2:10PM
- Junior Varsity Boys’ Race 2:45PM
- Varsity Girls’ Race 3:20PM
- Varsity Boys' Race 3:45PM
- Buses Back / Dismissal: Especially at this meet, all must stay until the conclusion of the awards ceremony (it should be over at 4:45 or 5); please do not ask the coaches to leave early. "All League" awards will be given for the top 7 F/S, top 7 JV, and top 14 Varsity. Athletes may leave with their family or may take the bus back to MV.
Season Recap Team Meeting Monday, Nov. 7
There will be a 30-minute season recap meeting on the track for all athletes on Monday, Nov. 7. (Running clothes not necessary.)
Team Banquet Tuesday, Nov. 8
- Where: Round Hill Country Club, 3169 Roundhill Rd, Alamo, CA
- When: 6:30 - 9 (program includes dinner followed by awards, senior picks, slideshow, season recap)
- Dress: No jeans please.
- For menu and additional details see the Sign Up Genius for the event
BorderClash Wednesday, Nov. 9
Modeled after the famous Nike BorderClash where Washington's top runners race Oregon's top runners, the first annual Monte Vista - San Ramon BorderClash will take place at Osage Station Park in Danville. The Mustangs and Wolves will start on opposite ends of the park and run directly at each other until they meet in the middle and turn 90 degrees to race to the finish line of this flat, fast, 2-mile course. There will be no sharks, no jets, and no Officer Krupke at this friendly "rumble", but it should be a lot of fun for the kids. The run is optional, but if runners want to participate, they MUST RSVP by email to Coach Mandee by Sunday so that we can arrange enough carpools to/from the park. Participating students should meet on the track at 3:30 next Wednesday.
Courtney Corda, Asst. Coach on behalf of all the coaches
To: Courtney Corda
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2016 3:42 PM
Subject: XC: RSVP Needed ASAP for Team Banquet
Dear Runners and Parents,
Will you be attending our team's banquet on Nov. 8* at 6:30 p.m.? We need to know right away.
- Athlete on the team: no fee (but feel free to donate $20 to help cover costs - see below donation section)
- Parent or guest who is eating: $26
- 12 or under guest who is eating: $20
- Guest who is attending BUT NOT EATING: no cost
- Can't Attend (for student athletes)
- Quick general donation $20
- Cake sponsor $25
- Banquet booster $50
- Road runner booster $100
- Any amount donation
P.S. Help needed at the League Meet! Please sign up on the Sign Up Genius here.
P.P.S. Details about the League Meet can be found on our team's main website at www.eteamz.com/mvhs and on the EBAL Championship Sign Up Genius page. More information will be shared at practice this week with the runners and I will send a newsblast mid-week.