News and Announcements
Please see below a great new initiative Rogers is launching to support families and minor hockey players in communities across Canada: The Team Rogers Community Draft.
Please see some key details about the program below
What is it?
Team Rogers Community Draft is a community sports program that gives youth athletes the chance to be mentored by their sports heroes, while providing their parents with financial support to help them return to play. On October 30th, #TeamRogers is drafting 1,000 minor hockey players. Be part of a larger team alongside our existing #TeamRogers captains, including Connor McDavid, John Tavares, Marie-Philip Poulin, Bo Horvat, Mark Scheifele, Darnell Nurse, and more!
Every drafted player will receive $150 from #TeamRogers to help towards league fees. Plus, they will receive:
• #TeamRogers swag
• Exclusive contesting
• Access to pro athlete mentors
• Exclusive prizes and once-in-a-lifetime experiences from Rogers and our partners
Who can apply?
Any parent or guardian of a registered player in a minor hockey league or camp between the ages of 5 and 17.
How do I apply?
Visit rogers.com/GetDrafted to learn more and sign up now!
The contest will be open from September 28th until October 30th at 11:59pm.
TMHA would like to take the opportunity to thank all of our volunteer coaches during National Coaches Week Sept 19-27. When you see your coach remember to say #ThanksCoach
The final TMHA in person registration day will be Tuesday, September 8th from 6pm-8pm outside the Sportsplex. Anyone who wishes to play minor hockey this coming season have two options to register.
Option1: Avoid the lineups and wait times. Go to our website at www.timminsminorhockey.com and click the Registration tab in the menu and select online registration. Here you will need to create a Hockey Canada Registry account and you can register and pay using your credit card.
Option2 Attend our in person registration on Tuesday, September 8th from 6pm-8pm outside the Sportsplex. Here you will need to complete the mandatory registration forms and pay by cheque or cash. For anyone still owing registration fees, please drop off your fees on this night.
If you require information on registration for this coming season please visit our website or contact Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-363-8633
TMHA is seeking to fill two currently vacant board positions for Tier 1 Director at Large. Candidates are asked to send their nominations by September 11th 4:30pm to our Administrator Steve at email@example.com
TMHA Board Position Descriptions
Directors at Large
• Be an active and contributing voting member of the TMHA Board of Directors;
• Be a member of Ad Hoc committees for the betterment of minor hockey;
• Submit a monthly written report to the Board of Directors for review at each meeting;
• Responsible for the coordination and delivery of all aspects of programming concerning their division;
• Responsible for all teams in their division, including all aspects of their operation;
• Represent the views of the majority in matters concerning their division;
• Report all team contentious matters to the appropriate Tier Vice and where appropriate, the Laws Convenor;
• Assist in the recruitment and retention of coaches for the TMHA programs;
• Communicate and enforce on an ongoing basis, TMHA rules and regulations;
• Chair the monthly coaches meeting and provide direction to all TMHA Coaches, communicate and liaise between coaches and TMHA Board;
• Assist coaches with required training and resources;
• Responsible for the coordination and delivery of the tryout player selection and evaluation process;
• Responsible to be present for all important parent meetings;
• Provide assistance and support to the coaches during the player selection and evaluation process;
• Ensure coaches receive copy of all applicable coaching forms and resources;
• Approve all exhibition game requests;
• Approve all player affiliation requests;
• Review all player and staff suspensions;
• Attend at least one game or practice in the first and second half of each season to observe coaches, staff, players, ice time and use of affiliated players;
• Administer coaching evaluations at the end of the regular season via coaching evaluation forms as well as parent, player and coaching staff members surveys;
• Carry out duties as assigned by the Board or the President;