News and Announcements
The final TMHA in person registration day will be Tuesday, September 8th from 6pm-8pm outside the Sportsplex. Anyone who wishes to play minor hockey this coming season have two options to register.
Option1: Avoid the lineups and wait times. Go to our website at www.timminsminorhockey.com and click the Registration tab in the menu and select online registration. Here you will need to create a Hockey Canada Registry account and you can register and pay using your credit card.
Option2 Attend our in person registration on Tuesday, September 8th from 6pm-8pm outside the Sportsplex. Here you will need to complete the mandatory registration forms and pay by cheque or cash. For anyone still owing registration fees, please drop off your fees on this night.
If you require information on registration for this coming season please visit our website or contact Steve at email@example.com or call 705-363-8633
TMHA is seeking to fill two currently vacant board positions for Tier 1 Director at Large. Candidates are asked to send their nominations by September 11th 4:30pm to our Administrator Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org
TMHA Board Position Descriptions
Directors at Large
• Be an active and contributing voting member of the TMHA Board of Directors;
• Be a member of Ad Hoc committees for the betterment of minor hockey;
• Submit a monthly written report to the Board of Directors for review at each meeting;
• Responsible for the coordination and delivery of all aspects of programming concerning their division;
• Responsible for all teams in their division, including all aspects of their operation;
• Represent the views of the majority in matters concerning their division;
• Report all team contentious matters to the appropriate Tier Vice and where appropriate, the Laws Convenor;
• Assist in the recruitment and retention of coaches for the TMHA programs;
• Communicate and enforce on an ongoing basis, TMHA rules and regulations;
• Chair the monthly coaches meeting and provide direction to all TMHA Coaches, communicate and liaise between coaches and TMHA Board;
• Assist coaches with required training and resources;
• Responsible for the coordination and delivery of the tryout player selection and evaluation process;
• Responsible to be present for all important parent meetings;
• Provide assistance and support to the coaches during the player selection and evaluation process;
• Ensure coaches receive copy of all applicable coaching forms and resources;
• Approve all exhibition game requests;
• Approve all player affiliation requests;
• Review all player and staff suspensions;
• Attend at least one game or practice in the first and second half of each season to observe coaches, staff, players, ice time and use of affiliated players;
• Administer coaching evaluations at the end of the regular season via coaching evaluation forms as well as parent, player and coaching staff members surveys;
• Carry out duties as assigned by the Board or the President;
Please find attached the structure for October’s 3on3 or 4on4 game rules
Please find important information regarding volunteer requirements for the 2020-2021 season.
The document NOHA_Volunteer_Requirements_2020-2021.pdf was attached to this post.
Anyone wishing to play hockey with TMHA this coming season in all divisions ranging from U-7 to U-18 Registration with TMHA is open to all players who played on a TMHA team last season or anyone who resides in the Timmins area. If you are new to online registration, you will need to create an account online when you are prompted which is different than your ehockey account. If you have questions please email email@example.com
We ask that everyone please respect this deadline as we require numbers to form our group pods come October. Our board has worked extremely hard to offer on ice programming to our membership in August and September. If you are not a member of our Facebook page, please like our page and subscribe to our updates. Please share this post to ensure everyone has received this message. This is the best way to stay up to date with everything TMHA hockey. You can also visit our website at www.timminsminorhockey.com
Registration is $150 for the season for all players paid in installments ($20 per month until your fees are paid)
So for September your installment fee is $20, you will pay another $20 in October, etc..until your $150 is paid. Additional team fees and ice costs will be billed to each team at a later date as usual.
The NOHA/OHF player registration fee is $65 which covers your insurance and player fees. This is on top of the TMHA fees. In total when you checkout you will be paying $85. You can pay by credit card, mail your cheque or pay cash. All cheques made payable to Timmins Minor Hockey Association and can be mailed at the address below.
Timmins Minor Hockey Association
P.O. Box 91
Timmins, Ontario P4N 7C5
An in person payment collection date will be schedule in the coming days. Stay tuned.