News and Announcements
Hello PALL Families,
Now that the rain is upon us, please make sure you are signed up for RainedOut for PALL field closure updates. Also, please encourage all of your families to register as well (this will save you the headache of having to notify all families individually). You can post the RainedOut web address on your team pages site or email to each of your families:
A few reminders:
1. We will only send notifications if fields are CLOSED. Always assume they are open until you hear otherwise.
2. We send out notifications as soon as possible, usually by 2pm on weekdays
3. No notice = GAME ON!
4. Once a game begins, only the umpires can make the decision to stop the game due to inclement weather.
5. Stress to parents that even if it “looks like” teams probably won’t play, RainedOut will make that call…see #1 and #3 above!
OPENING DAY SCHEDULE:
8:00am – Annual Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast
8:00am – Team Picture Day
8:15am – Bouncy Houses Open
9:00am – Players begin lining up for Opening Ceremonies
9:30am – Opening Ceremonies & PALL Parade of Teams Kickoff
10:30am – Teams Take the Field
12:00pm – PLAY BALL!!!! Games Begin
Here is the registration link for the District 31 Umpire Clinic on Saturday, February 22nd. The clinic is from 9:00am to 1:00pm and will be held at Tierra Bonita Elementary School.
Questions please email email@example.com
1/11: Tryouts, Birth date and Address Verification: Tierra Bonita Elementary from 8:30-12:00
1/29: Meet Your Coach at Dick’s Sporting Goods in Carmel Mountain Ranch
T-Ball and Rookies will be from 6:00-7:00
Majors, Minor A and Minor B will be from 7:30-8:30
2/1: Practices Begin
2/5: Team Parent Meeting
2/11: Scorekeeper’s Clinic
2/22: Umpire Clinic at Tierra Bonita
2/23: Field Day at Tierra Bonita
2/29: Opening Ceremonies, Picture Day and Games Played
4/4: Family Fun Day and Hit-A-Thon
6/5: City Championship
6/6: Closing Ceremonies
Welcome to Poway American Little League!
Registration is now closed and player assessments have been set. Time slots for each player are posted to our website (PALLBASEBALL.ORG). Full last names have been redacted for privacy concerns.
*Assessments will be held on Saturday, January 11th and are mandatory for all players league-age 8-12, regardless of preferred division. *
As a reminder, players with a birthday between September 1st, 2011 and August 31, 2012 are league-age 8.
A few other notes:
• Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time slot to check in and warm up
• USA Baseball-approved bats are required for tryouts. The league will have bats in various sizes available for tryouts (NOTE: Each team will also be provided with approved bats for use during the season so players aren’t required to buy their own)
• Please ensure that your son or daughter wears proper baseball attire (cleats, hat, sliding pants, etc.) and brings their own glove and their own helmet.
After the assessments the league will hold a series of drafts for upper division teams (Majors, Minor A and Minor B) followed by team formations for Rookies and T-Ball. All players will find out their teams at our “Meet Your Coach” event on 1/29/20 at Dick’s Sporting Goods in Carmel Mountain (More information to follow).
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Assessments, and to a great 2020 Little League Season!
The document 2020_assessment_times_V2.xlsx was attached to this post.