Hello PALL Families!
We received great news! The Governor announced that they will be allowing youth sports to return to practice on June 12th, 2020.
We had a board meeting June 9th and have confirmed that we will be hosting a summer session for Minor A and Majors! If/when social distancing guidelines are relaxed, we will look to integrate Minor B. Due to the ages and challenges of keeping younger kids social distanced, the board decided it was best to cancel Rookies and T-Ball. Juniors will also be cancelled.
Our intention is to begin holding practices for Minor A and Majors the week of June 15th.
Please note: Games will not be able to begin until the State and Local Officials approve youth sports for game play. Game play will be the event that would allow us to integrate Minor B.
Safety for our kids is our top priority. In order for all this to happen, we will be following certain protocols that will assure the safety of volunteers and players.
These protocols will include:
• Maximum of 12 players practicing (not including coaches) in a “stable sports group”
• Face coverings of kids are encouraged, but not required
• Symptom checks of kids are required
• Face coverings for coaches and volunteers will not be required as long as social distancing is being practiced.
Coaches and volunteers will be required to have a face mask with them in case there is close interaction with the
kids (i.e. attending to an injury or close communication within 6 feet)
• Cleaning and disinfecting equipment and surfaces
• Marking designated seating six feet apart in the dugout
• Certain drop-off and pick-up rules will apply such as no carpooling and parents not being able to come and watch
A detailed list of all protocols will be sent in a separate email.
Parents and guardians will be required to sign a commitment to abide by the plan requirements prior to being allowed to participate. See attached: “Parent Commitment Form”.
Your team manager or Board member will be contacting shortly to ask if you will be participating. You will submit your signed forms to your managers.
The results of returning players and coaches, will determine practice format as well as determine format of games (if games will be allowed).
The following refund policy has been provided for those players that do not wish to participate in the summer season. Please note that a majority of PALL expenses that are used to operate the season are incurred before a single game is played. However, these are extraordinary times and we have made every effort to provide at least a partial refund to you.
Therefore, we are offering two options:
1. 50% refund – please email refund request to email@example.com
2. Donate your refund amount to PALL. These funds will be used to cover necessary field improvements and equipment. PALL is a 501©(3) nonprofit organization which makes all donations tax-deductible. PALL’s EIN # is 95-3697268.
We would be very grateful and humbled if you elected your amount as a donation. If that is what you choose to do, no further action is needed on your part.
Please send general comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure to review and respond accordingly.
All registration related questions can be sent to email@example.com
We are super excited and we hope to see you on the field very soon!
The document Parent_Commitment_Form_-_PALL_Summer_2020.pdf was attached to this post.