Illinois Kids Wrestling Federation Information about competing in the IKWF (2016-2017)
Parents, Guardians, and club coaches should be aware of the following IMPORTANT
items when purchasing your son’s or daughter’s USA
Wrestling membership card and participation in IKWF
1. All wrestlers who WERE NOT
issued a membership card during the 2014-15 season must include a copy of their birth certificate.
2. To be eligible for any IKWF
event, the attached form and payment (for all wrestlers) and a copy of a birth certificate (for new wrestlers) MUST
be submitted to the IKWF
office 2 weeks prior to competing in said event. Example: To wrestle in December 6, 2015 events, the above information MUST
be submitted (postmarked) to the IKWF
office by November 21, 2015 .
3. The IKWF
is a club based organization. This means once you have declared a club for your son or daughter, he/she is a member of that club for the entire IKWF
competition season. The designated head coach of your club has the final say in your son’s or daughter’s participation in any IKWF
4. Any wrestler who purchases their card as an “unattached” wrestler or for preseason training purposes, has until November 28, 2015 to declare their IKWF
club affiliation. Failure to declare a wrestler’s club affiliation by November 28th, 2015 will result in ineligibility in the IKWF
State Series. Parents, guardians, or club coaches should send an email to email@example.com
a wrestler’s club affiliation.
5. Any wrestler who purchases a membership card after November 28, 2015 is a member of the designated IKWF
club indicated on this form for the duration of the IKWF
by-laws allow wrestlers to request a club transfer after the above November 28, 2015 deadline. Please see WRESTLER CLUB TRANSFER REQUEST
on the MEMBERSHIP
page of WWW
7. The “IKWF Age” of all wrestlers in the IKWF
is determined by their age on December 31, 2015. Example: A wrestler born in 2005, is an IKWF
10 year old. A wrestler born in 2006 is an IKWF
9 year old.
8. All wrestlers must be a member of an IKWF
charter club to participate in the IKWF
State Series. “Unattached” wrestlers cannot compete in the IKWF
9. State Series Eligibility Deadline: A wrestler’s membership form, payment, and a copy of a birth certificate for new wrestlers MUST
be submitted to the IKWF
office by February 6, 2016 (postmark date).
10. In compliance with Part VI, Section B, Line 13 of Federal Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax, the IKWF
requests that any suspicious activity that a member, a members’ parent or guardian witness, be reported to Jeff Tolbert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember the following when completing the attached form:
1) Please provide all requested information.
2) A parent or a guardian MUST
sign the form.
3) Payment must be included with the form.
Annual Membership: $40, card valid 9/1/2016 through 8/31/2017
In compliance with Federal Form 990, the IKWF
requests any suspicious activity that member, member’s parent or guardian witness, be reported to email@example.com
Release and Waiver, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement with Parental Consent (“AGREEMENT”)
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in any event (“Activity”) at any time during the current calendar year I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Activity and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I futher agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe the conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue futher participation in the Activity.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) THIS ACTIVITY INVOLVES RISK AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“Risks”); (b) these Risks and dnagers may be caused by my own actions or inaction, the actions or inactions of other participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, of THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; © there may be OTHER RISKS or SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time, and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBITLY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation, or that of the minor, in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the sanctioning organization(s), their administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, officials, rescue personnel, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of Premises on which the Activity is conducted, (each of the forgoing shall be considered one of the RELEASEES herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FUTHER AGREE that if, despite the RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM OVER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUSEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND I INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
*Please sign directly below if 18 years or older
(Below section must be completed by Parent/Guardian for any participant under the age of 18)
AND I, THE MINOR’S PARENT AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, UNDERSTAND THE NATUREOF THE ACTIVITY AND THE MINOR’S EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES AND BELIEVE THE MINOR TO BE QUALIFIED, IN GOOD HEALTH, AND IN PROPER PHYSICAL CONDITION TO PARTICIPATE IN SUCH ACTIVITY, I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEE’S FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON THE MINOR’S ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS AND FURTHER AGREE THAT IF, DESPITE THIS RELEASE, I, THE MINOR, OR ANYONE ON THE MINOR’S BEHALF MAKES A CLAIM AGAINST ANY OF THE RELEASEES NAMED ABOVE, I WILLINDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEY FEES, LOSS LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR ANY COST THAT MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF ANY SUCH CLAIM.