I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child, and other children, participating in the Lemont Bears Wrestling Program by following this Parents’ and Coaches’ Code of Conduct. I also understand that this is a “Zero Tolerance” policy.
1. I will have my child arrive on time for all tournaments and practices and let the coach know in advance if my child will be absent, arriving late or leaving early.
2. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and referees at every tournament or meet.
3. I will not engage in any type of physical or verbal abuse of any referee, wrestler, coach or spectator at any time.
4. I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child, and other children, ahead of my personal desire to win, and keep in mind that the tournament or meet is for our children – not for adults.
5. I will insist that my child, and other children, participate in a safe and healthy environment.
6. I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable
experience for all.
7. I will allow the approved team coaches to coach my child during practice and tournaments without
interference from myself or members of my family.
8. Any concerns about how the program is run, how coaches are coaching or how referees are officiating
should be referred to the Head Coach first, and if not satisfied, then to the President, and if still not satisfied
to the Board of Directors.
9. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will refrain
from their use at all wrestling events.
10. I will insist that my child treat other wrestlers, coaches, fans, and officials with respect, regardless of race,
sex, creed, or ability.
11. I understand, that in order for my child to be eligible for play, I must complete all required forms and
applications, and pay the required membership and fees set the Lemont Bears Wrestling Club Board of
12. I will contact an official of the club and report any type of physical or verbal abuse or non-fair play that I
13. I will take the time to read and abide by the Parents Handbook and any subsequent information that is
published by the club or available via the website: www.lemontbears.org
I have read and understand this Lemont Bear Wrestling Club Code of Conduct as described above. I am aware that any failure to abide by this Code of Conduct will subject me (and my child) to suspension from all activities. I agree that all decisions in these matters made by the Lemont Bears Wrestling Club Board are final and binding. In addition, I understand that failure to accept this Code of Conduct will make my child ineligible to participate in any Lemont Bears Wrestling Club activity for the calendar year.
*One parent’s signature binds both parents and relatives to the agreement.