News and Announcements
Dear MSSAC Parents and Swimmers
• The 2019 Swim-A-Thon will take place this year the week of March 18, 2019.
• Every MSSAC swimmer must register to participate using the following link: www.ontarioswimathon.ca/mssac
• Fundraising for this iconic Canadian swimming event is integral to the club’s operational budget but most importantly the sustainability of fees for all swimmers to have access to our program.
• Each swim group has a date and time which their swimming event will take place. Your group Swim-A-Thon representative will organize this with your coach. Some groups celebrate their success with a social event following the swim. It will be well deserved!
Prizes for the event
• Swimmers who participate in the Swim A Thon will be entered in draws at the pool to win a prize.
• Top Fundraisers will be awarded prizes from our Arena Sponsor.
• Three groups will win a Pizza-Party!! The three groups who raise the most over and above their levy will win a pizza party. One for the WAVE program, One for the White programs and one for Orange to HP.
• Swim-A-Thon is a major national fundraising initiative.
• Money raised is mostly for the club, however a small portion goes to Swim Ontario, Swim Canada and Raise-A-Thon.
• We use an online fundraising tool called Raise-A-Thon. By utilizing the customized MSSAC fundraising site, we can reach out to family, colleagues and friends via social networks in Canada and throughout the world! Please note that no tax receipts are given for SAT donations or sponsorship.
FAQ: Didn’t we already pay something for SAT?
Upon registration, all families agreed to pay a SAT levy. This is charged to your account. It is the minimum that we ask each family to raise towards the SAT. Your Levy will be processed the week of February 11.
Reg Dev $240
Jr Nats $450
HP Age $375
How SAT fundraising can work for you
You can recoup the money that you prepaid. Let’s use the example of a $50.00 levy applied to your Account.
Your account will be credited for all pledge amounts received up to a maximum of $50.
Case 1: The swimmer doesn’t raise any money online. The Club keeps the $50 that the family prepaid and the family is out-of-pocket $50.
Case 2: The swimmer raises $35 online. The Club keeps all the money raised and then credits the family account for $35. In effect, the Club keeps the $35 from outside donors and retains $15 of the family’s prepaid amount, for a total of $50 – the required SAT commitment. At the end of the day, the family is out-of-pocket $15.
Case 3: The swimmer raises $100. The Club keeps all the money raised online and credits the family account for $50. The swimmer has raised the required SAT levy so the full prepaid amount is credited. At the end of the day, the family is out-of-pocket nothing.
How to register your swimmer so you can start fundraising
1. Please go to our club link at: www.ontarioswimathon.ca/mssac to register your swimmer and start spreading the word to family, friends, business colleagues, social contacts and those that support the sport of swimming in our community, province and Canada.
2. Parents, please be the ones to register your swimmer online. It’s important that you understand and acknowledge the family affidavit.
3. Swimmers will be asked to enter a profile and a fundraising goal. They may upload a profile picture and a goal statement if they wish.
4. Swimmers complete their swim.
5. The club link will remain active even after the swim-a-thon is complete, until April 1, 2019. You can continue to raise funds until midnight on that day.
A BIG THANK YOU to Tara Wilson and Michael Arthur for volunteering the lead the SAT committee and the following parents who have volunteered to be the SAT Rep for your group. Please contact them with any questions you have.
Each group will have a swim a thon meeting during practice between Feb 9-23. You will receive an email from your Group Parent Rep about this important meeting.
Monica Florea Monicaflorea77@hotmail.com
John Kapralos firstname.lastname@example.org
Wayne Malcolm email@example.com
Cecillia Pineiro Pineiro_9@hotmail.com
Tracey Coulls firstname.lastname@example.org
Adele Casuga email@example.com
Olga Vieira firstname.lastname@example.org
Hashita Shah email@example.com
Emily Drapkin firstname.lastname@example.org
Vivian Boem email@example.com
Mariia Aronova firstname.lastname@example.org
Roshni Shah email@example.com
Lori Tavares firstname.lastname@example.org
(All Groups) Andrea Pittis email@example.com
The Wave Program is still accepting new members (after a tryout has been completed) .
The fee is based on number of classes remaining until program end date as below and ranges from $360 or $372 depending on what pool location you register to. It is a one time payment made online at time of registration. This fee is good up until February 28th.
The new swimmer will also be responsible for a Swimathon Fee of $50, a Lottery Fee of $100 that must be paid by cash at the office and a Swim Ontario Fee that is based on the swimmers age.
The swimmer must also purchase a Wave swimsuit available at the office until March 1st which ranges in price from $47 to $62 and a backpack for $100 which can be purchased online when you register.
Please note fees are non refundable.
If you are interested in a tryout please contact Kelly at the office:
Tryouts are every Wednesday at the Glenforest Pool between 4:30 and 6:30. You need to email Kelly with your Swimmers name, birthdate, and advise what Wednesday you are interested in attending the tryout so she can notify the Assessment Coach. If you are interested in joining Mississauga Swimming you can attend a tryout!
You need to confirm your date and time before coming for a tryout.
After the tryout has been completed you can register to the group online .
The Wave schedules are as follows:
Wave Meadowvale A – Monday and Wednesday 4:25-5:25pm
Wave Glenforest – Tuesday and Thursday 5:30-6:30pm
Wave Rivergrove – Tuesday and Thursday 4:30-5:30pm
Wave Cawthra – Monday and Friday 4:30-5:30pm
Wave Huron Park – Wednesday and Friday 4:30-5:30pm
Wave Erin Meadows – Tuesday 7:30-8:30pm and Saturday 7am-8am
The document Mississauga_Registration_Guide.pdf was attached to this post.