News and Announcements
Here is what is happening with the team for the week of January 1:
- Monday, Jan. 2 - Practice at Snowflake at 4:00 p.m. - Well wax skis and put on kick wax binder for Tuesday's race at Mt. Itasca
- Tuesday, Jan. 3 - Two Harbors Invite at Mt. Itasca. Bus leaves East at 7:15 a.m. and racing starts at 11:00 a.m. It is a classic race.
- Wednesday, Jan 4 - The Snowflake bus is running again. We'll have practice at both Snowflake and Spirit Mt. (may change if our snow dances work)
- Thursday, Jan. 5 - Same as Wednesday
- Friday, Jan. 6 - Practice at Snowflake - Team dinner for everyone and wax skis for Mesabi East Race
- Saturday, Jan 7 - Mesabi East Race at Giants Ridge. Try to get up to the Ridge to watch the largest high school race in the country!
Pictures have been added to the "Albums" page from the Ely Invite. They are in an album at the end of the list (click "last) or click here. If you would like a full resolution copy of any of the pictures e-mail me.
See you Monday,
Dave & Bonnie
We have deceided to go to the Birkie trail at Double O (county road OO). The workout will be similar to Wednesday's. We'll meet at the trail head in the warming house at 10:00 a.m. Bring a lunch as there are no consessions. The trail fee is $10 per car payable in the parking lot there.
We will announce the Mesabi East team at the workout.
Once again, last chance to sign up for the Korkki Nordic Race (at Mt Itasca) will be at the practice on Friday or by emailing us.
See you on the trail,
Dave & Bonnie
Yesterday's practice at Mt. Itasca was great. It was good to see all of you there.
For Friday, we are looking at a couple of options; 1) the Birkie trail either at the North End Cabin or OO (double O) or 2) Wolverine ski trails in Ironwood, MI. We will update the website and phone line by 6:00 p.m. today.
Also, if you haven't signed up for the Korkki Classic Race (at Mt. Itasca) on Tuesday, January 3 you can sign up at the practice on Friday or send us an e-mail by 6:00 pm on Friday.
Dave & Bonnie
Our first holiday practice will be at Mt. Itasca on Wednesday, December 28. We'll meet at 9:30 a.m. in the Nordic Chalet. Bring $5 for your trail pass and pay Bonnie. We will be classic skiing. Do not clean your classic skis from last week's race. We will need the binder wax on them. Bring a lunch or money to buy something in the Alpine Chalet (I hear they'll have good wild rice soup). We'll ski some after lunch too.
The location for Friday's practice is still up in the air. Mt. Itasca has a race scheduled for that day so we are looking for another location. Do your snow dance and maybe we will be able to go to Giants Ridge. Check back here on Thurday for Friday's details.
See you tomorrow.