by Jean Parker, 2019-05-04T17:00:00.000-07:00May 04 2019, at 05:00 PM PDT
Welcome to the home of the Howard Stampede Field Hockey Program based in Howard County, Maryland. * Registration for the 2019 Fall Season is CLOSED!*
STAMPEDE was formed in 2002 and was the first youth recreational field hockey program in Howard County. Since that time, it has been the starting point for many of the County’s successful FH players including all-county players, all-state players, all-americans, Futures Elite players who are among the top 150 players in the nation, Jr Olympics athletes, successful DIV I/II/III athletes, four National Team Junior squad players and representation on the Women’s National Team roster.
STAMPEDE rec is open to players of all levels who will be in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades this coming Fall. (Those who are interested in playing year round can contact Gina Maclean (email@example.com) who manages a local Club program for details.)
The number of Rec teams will be dependent upon the number of qualified coaches at each grade level, so please consider volunteering your time. Teams will be formed using evaluation results from prior seasons with self-evaluations used for new players. Consideration will be given to geographical area however Stampede represents Howard County and players from a certain area may be spread on several different teams. Special requests will be honored as best as possible and you can include these in any open text field on the registration form, however they are not guaranteed. Stampede plays in The Maryland Youth Field Hockey League which mandates all teams must be balanced.
- Per MYFHL rules, there is no guarantee you will be on the same team with the same coach and players from year to year. This is a rule of the MYFHL league that Stampede complies with in order to keep teams balanced.
- Stampede clinic sessions for all levels take place during July
- 1st/2nd grade level will practice weekly starting in August and typically have 4 playdays per season during September/October.
- Al practices will have 3 teams per normal sized 60yd by 100yd field
- There are typically no field hockey goals at practices as focus is to work on skills and small games, some field may have goals but this is not standard, coaches can opt to use cones for goals; this philosophy has had very positive results over the years
- 3rd thru 8th grade practices are 2 @ 1.5hr practices per week during August (field space permitting)
- 3rd thru 8th grade practices 1 @ 1.5hr practice per week once school starts, additional practice nights possible
- 3rd thru 8th grade games typically start the Sunday after Labor Day however, since field space is limited, your 8 games may be outside of Howard County, but to date STAMPEDE has been successful acquiring very nice Howard County high school bermuda grass fields or turf fields much to the envy of other programs! :) Most of the time you will have 4 games in Howard County and 4 games outside Howard County as far as Harford County and North Carroll County.
- Season is a 7 game season with no make ups for inclement weather, however STAMPEDE does try to coordinate some type of rescheduling and has been successful in doing so.
- No refunds are given unless your child is not placed on a team (priority will be given to those with the most seniority in the program).
- There is an additional expense for the Stampede Tournament Team (tryout info forthcoming) and Harvest Hockey which is an optional tournament at the end of the season
- Please direct quesitons to firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you
Any 6th/7th/8th Grade player this coming Fall who is interested in being on the Stampede Elite Team will need to attend a tryout; this is a very competitive team. Per MYFHL rules, Elite Team players must be a playing member of their regular Stampede team too in order to be selected and rostered as an Elite Team player. Games for Elite Teams will also take place on Sunday so Elite players will play two games on Sunday. The tryout dates for the Elite Team will be emailed to you when confirmed. Additional tbd expenses are involved for the Elite Team.
All registrants, regardless of age, are required to pay the registration fee (includes kilt, jersey, socks for all 3rd thru 8th grade players) or a reduced registration fee if player is using their uniform from the prior season. Fee is due paid in full at the time of registration (equipment is an additional expense); you will receive a pay pal receipt via email which will be confirmation of your Stampede registration.
Registration fees for players entering grades 1st or 2nd this coming Fall (1st/2nd is the clinic league where a jersey will be provided; players to wear their own black shorts/socks) is $65; 3rd or 4th in the Fall is $185/if no uniform is needed $155; the fee for players entering grades 5th thru 8th in the Fall is $185/if no uniform is needed $155. 5th-8th siblings pay a $115 registration fee, uniform is additional; both players must be in 5th-8th grades to receive the discount. Please direct any payment plan requests to email@example.com.
Refunds will be given if your child cannot be placed on a team, otherwise any requests for refunds will be charged a $75 administrative fee and absolutely no refunds will be given once teams are formed. It is the program’s intent to place all of the registrants on a team, however the final determination will be based on the number of qualified coaches that the program has available at each level and field availability.
Players will be notified of their team placement via email. GO STAMPEDE!
****** Registration is CLOSED – next year, please register early, program fills every year! ****
Click HERE To Register for 1st thru 8th grade players — REGISTRATION is CLOSED!
note: If you need uniform pieces only and have already registered, please click this link http://teampages.com/teams/900876-Howard-Stampede-field-hockey-team-website/announcements/1839516-Registration-Fees