News and Announcements
Tailwind Track Club
Providing children the wings to take flight
Welcome to the Tailwind Track Club (Tailwind TC) website. Tailwind TC is a competitive youth running club, based in Westchester, NY, targeting boys and girls (ages 6-18) from beginner to elite. Tailwind TC offers a structured training program which includes strength and conditioning, track running and group trail runs in local parks and preserves.
Our core group of athletes have been training together for over two years and are eager to greet new children who share their passion for running...and having fun. Although the program targets youth athletes of all abilities, many of our athletes have achieved great success this year alone:
- Eight athletes competed in the AAU Cross Country National Championships including a national champion and two All-Americans
- Five athletes competed in the USATF Indoor National Championships including two podium finishers and two All-Americans
- Numerous top-3 finishes at local track, cross country and road races
If you have an athlete who is interested in joining our club, PLEASE VISIT THE "JOINING THE TEAM" TAB on this website.
North Avenue Mile
Sunday, June 10 - New Rochelle, NY
The Tailwind Track Club is proud to announce its partnership with New Ro Runners to co-host the North Avenue Mile. The North Avenue Mile is a one-mile road race that everyone can take part in: seasoned youth or adult runners, beginners and families.
There will be multiple race heats including youth, high school and adult age groups.
Post-Race "afterparty" with food truck festival
Register here: www.athlinks.com/event/north-avenue-mile-61915
|Sunday||12/27/15||Ocean Breeze Holiday Meet||USATF NY||Staten Island|
|Sunday||1/3/16||YMCA Youth Meet #1||USATF NY||Brooklyn Armory|
|Wednesday||1/13/16||Millrose Game Trials*||NYRR||NYC Armory|
|Sunday||1/17/16||YMCA Youth Meet #2||USATF NY||Brooklyn Armory|
|Fri/Sat||1/22 and 1/23||New Balance Games (middle school)||NYC Armory|
|Sunday||1/31/16||YMCA Youth Meet #3||USATF NY||Brooklyn Armory|
|Saturday||2/20/16||Millrose Games**||NYRR||NYC Armory|
|Sunday||2/21/16||USATF Zonals||USATF NY||Staten Island|
|Sunday||2/28/16||Association Champs Nat'l Qualifier||USATF NY||Staten Island|
|Fri - Sun||3/11/16 - 3/13/2016||Hershey Indoor Championships**||USATF||Staten Island|
Congratulations to our USATF Youth Indoor National Team! Following are the results from the weekend:
Jonah Gorevic (11-12 year old boys)
- 3000 meters 9:44.97, 1st place, national champion
- 800 meters 2:21.28, 2nd place, All-american
- 1500 meters 4:36.23, 1st place, national champion
Olivia Curran (15-16 year old girls)
- 3000 meters 11:15.57, 1st place, national champion
- 1500 meters 5:14.68, 5th place, All-american
Pippa Nuttall (15-16 year old girls)
- 3000 meters 11:17.21, 2nd place, All-american
- 1500 meters 5:12.31, 4th place, All-american
- 800 meters 2:47.23, 5th place, All-american
- 1500 meters 5:27.45, 2nd place, All-american
- 800 meters 3:01.98, 7th place, All-american
- 1500 meters 6:00.11, 8th place, All-american
- 4:47.97, 8th place -> P.R.
Our kids had amazing performances at AAU XC Nationals (held at Rimrock Farms at University of Kansas). Eight of our athletes traveled to Lawrence, KS to compete against some of the country's best distance runners. We had many PR's and top-25 performances including Jordan Weiner (2nd, 7-year old age group) and Jonah Gorevic (3-time AAU XC National Champion, 11-12 age group). Congratulations kids!!