News and Announcements
Mission Statement: The Western Branch Jaguars Athletic Association (WBJAA) is a volunteer-based, 501(c)3 organization affiliated with American Youth Football (AYF). WBJAA is committed to excellence by motivating and challenging participants through a partnership of players, cheerleaders, coaches, parents and community. We aspire to promote good sportsmanship, high self-esteem, academics, and discipline while making the sports experience safe, fun and beneficial for not only the children but also the community as a whole. We will create and nurture an atmosphere where our players and cheerleaders understand that a combination of hard work and a positive attitude are the keys to success.
2018 FOOTBALL REGISTRATION
Jolliff Middle School
Ages 6 Through 12 (Age As Of July 31, 2018)
***PLAYERS MUST BE PRESENT FOR WEIGH-IN AND SIZING***
Tiny-Mite, Jr Pee Wee, Pee Wee
Mitey-Mite, Jr Pee Wee, Pee Wee
- Full payment due at registration
Non-refundable upon receipt. No exceptions
Cash/Checks/Money Orders accepted
Credit Cards accepted with a $3 fee per registered child
Football Fee includes rental of helmet, shoulder pads, 7-piece pad set, practice jersey, game uniform for regular season
Fee does not cover costs associated with post season participation
- Click here for a list of locations/dates offering Pop Warner Physicals.
Copy of birth certificate
- Original birth certificates must be provided during post season participation.
- **Note: If your child attended more than one school, we must have the final report card from each school that he/she attended during the school year.
Mandatory Fundraiser Packet or Buy-Out Option
- The Jaguars will have one mandatory fundraiser for the regular season - Raffle Tickets
Each family is required to participate
Raffle Ticket packets will be distributed at registration
Fundraiser proceeds and Buy-Out payments are non-refundable. No exceptions.
*All items are required prior to receiving uniform/equipment and prior to starting practice*
All registration fees, fundraising proceeds, buy-outs and donations are non-refundable upon receipt. No exceptions.
Download and complete your 2017 WB Jaguars Apparel Order Form.
Orders with payments are due by Saturday, July 29th.
Please make all checks payable to: Western Branch Jaguars
Submit your order and payment during regisration. Please see Registration page for dates/location:
Western Branch Pop Warner is built on honor, integrity and hard work. While winning is always fun for everyone involved, winning is NOT our primary goal. Our goal is to engage the players in a SAFE, FUN, competitive environment to build confidence, develop leadership skills, stress the importance of academics and physical fitness and being good citizens in the community. We want to get as many student-athletes interested and excited about football and help develop them into the best players they can be. Our program is also a "feeder" program to our district middle schools and high school.
Why Western Branch Pop Warner Football?
- Our Little Scholars Program ensures academics come first. Participants are required to perform adequately in the classroom before they play AND they are recognized.
- Safety is a priority and all coaches are required to be "Heads Up" certified through our partnership with USA Football’s “Heads Up” football program
- Age and Weight structure ensure kids play with kids of similar age and size
- There are NO tryouts
- Pop Warner Minimum Play Rule guarantees all kids play
- Kids begin to recognize team comradery that is built throughout the season
- Our fees are relatively inexpensive for the amount of practice/play time and for the quality uniforms and equipment we provide
First Day of Practice is August 1st at Jolliff Middle School Practice Football Field!
General Practice Schedule - It is EXTREMELY important for players to be committed to attending all practices. Pop Warner Football is a very competitive and complex game requiring solid fundamental skills as well as a high degree of teamwork and commitment to ensure the safety of all players and the team as a whole.
- Practice Prior to Labor Day - 5 days a week
- Practice After Labor Day - 3 days a week with a game usually on Saturday
Regular Season Games - The 8 game regular season involves travel to various cities in the Hampton Roads area (Hampton, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Smithfield, Suffolk, Va Beach, and the Greenbrier area of Chesapeake) and is scheduled between early September and late October. The Southeastern Va Conference is in charge of the regular season schedule. WBJAA has no say so in the schedule but will pass it along to the parents once available. Jr Pee Wee and Pee Wee teams will participate in post-season playoffs, if they have the first or second best regular season record in their division.
The 2018 Opening Game is Scheduled for September 1st.