SAYHA Board of Directors Application
SAYHA’s mission is to promote the growth of ice hockey in the Spokane area by encouraging, developing, and administering the sport. SAYHA endeavors to develop and prepare players and coaches to achieve optimum performance at all levels, providing essential information, quality instruction and positive experience through participation in our programs.
If you are interested in joining SAYHA’s Board of Directors, applications are now being accepted for the following positions (two year term – May 2016-2018):
Vice President: The Vice President shall, in the absence of the President, or in the event of his disability, perform all of the duties of the President, and such other duties as may be required by the President or the Board of Directors. The Vice President shall succeed to the office of President in the event of a vacancy in that office.
Treasurer: The Treasurer shall have the care and custody of all the funds of the corporation, which shall be disbursed by the Treasurer only upon the order of the Board of Directors. The Treasurer shall report at each regular meeting of the Board of Directors the financial condition of the corporation at the close of the previous month. All funds belonging to the corporation shall be deposited in a checking/savings account established by the corporation and all disbursements shall be by check. The Treasurer shall be bonded in an amount to be determined by the Board of Directors and bond premium shall be paid by the corporation. In such instance that a paid bookkeeper is hired, bonding may be transferred to bookkeeper position, and held by that position rather than the Treasurer.
Disciplinary Director: The Disciplinary Director shall serve on the Board of Directors, term is governed by Article 4.2 of SAYHA by-laws. The Disciplinary Director shall follow procedures as defined under “Disciplinary Actions” in the Conduct section of SAYHA policies & procedures, and in accordance with all Code of Conduct Policies. Disciplinary Director will work directly with the Divisional Coordinators to assure that all teams have received USA Hockey “No Tolerance” and SAYHA “Code of Conduct” educational material. This material should be presented by coaches to all teams and Code of Conduct to be signed and filed from each player at time of registration. The Disciplinary Director shall respond to match penalties and other disciplinary actions in accordance with USA Hockey and PNAHA regulations. The Disciplinary Director shall recruit and preside over Disciplinary Committee, and return decisions of Disciplinary Committee to the Board of Directors, at the next regular board meeting.
Tournament Director: The Tournament Director shall serve on the Board of Directors, term is governed by Article 4.2 of SAYHA by-laws. Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Prepare and propose to the Board a standardized tournament format.
- Recruit a Tournament Planning Committee to create and facilitate the standardized format.
- Prepare all solicitation letters for sponsorship and fundraising for tournament use.
- Maintain a tournament notebook that outlines essential items for each tournament.
- Oversee preparation of tournament packets for all participating teams.
- Revise tournament application forms annually.
- Identify a Tournament Coordinator for each tournament event. This person should be the Divisional Coordinator unless not applicable.
- Provide all Tournament Coordinators with tournament schedules, outlines, coaches packets, score sheets, and all other administrative support that is
- Schedule officials of all tournament games.
- Provide follow-up at the conclusion of each tournament to ensure that the Treasurer has received all score sheets, raffle money, tournament statistics, etc.
- Tournament Director should be licensed by gambling commission and oversee any fundraising raffles held at tournaments to ensure the gambling laws are followed.
- Be the key contact for the Tournament website, maintaining it and overseeing registration.
The following position is open for a one year term (May 2016-May 2017):
Equipment Director: The Equipment Director oversees inventory, procurement and management of uniforms and other equipment necessary for the operation of all SAYHA programs. The Equipment Director shall be responsible for the custody, distribution, maintenance, repair and replacement of all Association owned or controlled equipment. The Equipment Director provides leadership for hockey swaps and other events as needed.
Board members are asked to attend one meeting per month on the first Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm. In addition, miscellaneous other duties may be required throughout the month, depending on the position.
If you would like your name to appear on the ballot, please return the application (below) by Monday, March 14, 2016 at 5 PM. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE INCLUDED ON THE BALLOT. Applications should be mailed or dropped off at the SAYHA Office (6321 North Addison, Spokane, WA 99208), or emailed to email@example.com.