- Each registered player will receive a baseball jersey, hat and socks, which will be distributed by each coach. Baseball pants are also provided but must be picked up by the parents at The Varsity Shop in Birmingham. The pants may be picked up when notified by the coach and when the team roster has been sent to The Varsity Shop.
- All players are required to have their own batting helmets. Face cage not required.
- All players must provide their own rubber cleats. Optional for T-Ball and Youth Divisions.
- Baseball bats must have the BPF 1.15 marking and have a 2 ¼” barrel maximum.
- For the Intermediate Division (13U) in 2017 the following bats are permitted:
1) 2 ¼" alloy/metal barrel with BPF stamp of 1.15
2) 2 5/8" alloy/metal barrel (no marking required)
3) 2 5/8" composite barrel with BBCOR stamp
- Softball bats must comply with Rule 1.10:
Rule 1.10 - Softball - The bat must be a softball bat which meets Little League specifications and standards as noted in this rule. It shall be a smooth, rounded stick and made of wood or a material tested and proved acceptable to Little League standards. The bat shall be no more than 33 inches (34 inches for Junior/Senior League) in length, not more than two and one-quarter (2-1/4) inches in diameter, and if wood, not less than fifteen-sixteenth (15/16) inches in diameter (7/8 inch for bats less than 30 inches) at its smallest part. Non-wood bats shall be printed with a BPF (bat performance factor) of 1.20. Bats may be taped or fitted with a sleeve for a distance not exceeding 16 inches from the small end. Colored bats are acceptable. A non-wood bat must have a grip of cork, tape or composition material, and must extend a minimum of 10 inches from the small end. Slippery tape or similar material is prohibited. An illegal or altered bat must be removed.
- All male players must wear protective athletic supporters. Male catchers must wear metal, fiber or plastic type cup, and a long-model chest protector. Female catchers must wear long or short model chest protectors (LL Rule 1.17).