All Timmins Minor Hockey Association (TMHA) teams are permitted to raise funds to offset their respective team expenses and meet their objectives. Sponsorship and fundraising is intended to offset up to 100% of the approved team budget. It is recognized that the funds raised are to be used for the betterment of the team as a whole. When raising funds, members are also representing the Timmins Minor Hockey Association (TMHA) and are encouraged to project a positive image of the (TMHA).
All fundraising activities must adhere to the guidelines set forth in TMHA’s Fundraising Policy. This policy is to ensure the money raised is properly obtained and managed. Timmins Minor Hockey Association (TMHA) will not be responsible for any activities that do not adhere to this policy and that of “Hockey Canada’s Risk and Safety Management Resource Manual”. (Can be found in the policy section of our forms menu)
• Bottle drives
• Car washes
• Merchandise sales (Sausage, Pizza Kits, chocolates, etc..)
• Raffles and/or sports pools (lottery license requirements must be met. See lottery license policy)
• 50/50 raffles during games (lottery license requirements must be met. See lottery license policy)
• Alcohol raffles are not permitted as prizes
• Breweries, wineries and distilleries shall not sponsor any team. No team shall allow advertising from breweries, wineries or distilleries to be displayed.
• No team shall allow advertising from establishments that have adult entertainment as their primary business.
• Any activity that conflicts with TMHA, NOHA or Hockey Canada Policy
• Any activity that conflicts with Hockey Canada’s Risk and Safety Management Resource Manual
Please note: A maximum of two lottery licenses per team at any one time is permitted.
The City of Timmins may issue licenses to conduct the following lottery schemes:
• Bingo events with prize boards $5,500 and under
• Media bingo events
• Ticket raffle lotteries for total prizes $50,000 and under
• All break open ticket lotteries not licensed by the Provincial office
Site powered by