News and Announcements
Friday Swimming from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday Swimming from 12:00 Noon – 6:00 PM
TIDAL WAVES FIVE-PEAT: 2018 ATLANTA CHAMPIONS!
TIDAL WAVES FOUR-PEAT: 2017 ATLANTA CHAMPIONS!
Have fun, while learning to swim correctly.
The Tidal Waves team program is appropriate for all levels of swimmers from beginners to seasoned competitors ages 5-18 as of June 1st. Our highly experienced coaches emphasize proper form, goal awareness, and good sportsmanship.
The Tidal Waves have been ASA League Champions for the Past 4 Seasons!
2018 Swim Team Leadership:
Scott Carter – Head Coach (Coach@chastainparkAthleticClub.org)
- Swimmers ages range from 5 to 18 are welcome regardless of experience.
- ALL swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool (25 yards) without hanging on the lane ropes.
- Registration is OPEN. First Practice is May 14th and the season ends before July 4th.
- Five scheduled meets to compete in this summer
- Swim Suit Fitting: May 6 12:00-3:00 at the pool
- If you miss the fitting Please Call or Email: Matt Palm
Mommy & Me Swim!
Chastain Park Athletic Club is excited to offer Mommy & Me Swim Class!
Baby/Toddler and parent swim class
June 1st through June 29th – 5 week session
Fridays, 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Option 1: 5 week session for $100
Option 2: Drop-in fee of $25 per class
Come join us for fun in the pool with your little one.
If you have questions or to reserve your space please email Kelsey Goldstein at SwimLessons@ChastainParkAthleticClub.org
We look forward to seeing you there!
There are many benefits of babies swimming even if it is a slightly daunting experience for most parents trying it for the first time. For the most part there is nothing to worry about. Infants can start swimming from birth.
Benefits of Your Baby Swimming:
- Swimming is one of the best loved family activities – many children say it is their favorite family pastime. So, one of the benefits of baby swimming is that it starts building water confidence early.
- Swimming helps to improve coordination and balance. Because much of your baby’s body is supported by water, the main focus for them is on maintaining balance. On the whole, babies who swim have a much better balance out of the pool.
- Swimming helps to build muscles. Working and strengthening all of their muscles effectively helps to make them stronger.
- Swimming strengthens your baby on the inside. While swimming will help to develop their muscles and joints, it also improves the strength of their heart and lungs, and helps to develop their brain.
- Swimming can improve their sleeping pattern. While it isn’t going to make them sleep through the night every night, the extra exercise will help to make your baby sleepier.
- Swimming can improve a baby’s appetite. Lots of gentle exercise and warm water helps to make a baby hungry, so make sure you have some sort of snack or milk for after they finish.
- Swimming builds water confidence. Many parents pass on an uneasiness of water to their children because they themselves are not confident swimmers. Going in the water with your baby will not only make them more assured about being in and around water, it can build your confidence too!
17th Summer Season:
May 14th – September 3rd, 2018
Registration opens Monday, March 26th for Pool Memberships and Tidal Waves Swim Team!
Be sure to register for this summer at Chastain Park Athletic Club. All are welcome and it’s a great place to exercise, relax, engage with your community and most of all, be part of the summer Tidal Waves Swim Team.
MONDAY through FRIDAY
* Regular schedule when school is out of session.
10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Normal free public swim time
12:30 – 5:00 PM
Paid public swim time
$1/children (5 yrs and under)
$2/child (6 yrs – 16)
$4/adult (17 yrs – 64)
$2/senior (65 yrs and up)
5:00 – 8:00 PM (Fridays till 9PM)
Chastain Pool members only**
“Family Night” for Pool Members every Friday from 6:00 – 9:00 PM
* We will normally open at 3:30 PM on WEEKDAYS when the Public Schools are in session. Hours are subject to modification
SATURDAY & SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- $1/children (5 yrs and under)
- $2/child (6 yrs – 16)
- $4/adult (17 yrs – 64)
- $2/senior (65 yrs and up)
5:00 – 8:00 PM
Chastain Pool members only**
**Members may bring guests during member time for a $5 per individual guest fee.